Eradicating (killing) Bed Bugs is honestly not a D.I.Y project.
However, if you have no other choice:
Do a daily inspection of all beds, box springs and couches. Any bugs you see = spray with a 91 percent solution of isopropyl alcohol. This will give you the best results over anything sold online or at the store. If you can’t find this, a weaker solution is an acceptable alternative. To kill or repel bed bugs, you’ll need to spray infested surfaces directly. Spray every bug you see ‘directly’.
Have a Long-Term Plan
Rubbing alcohol alone isn’t enough to completely rid your furniture and home of your blood-sucking guests. In fact, getting too enthusiastic with rubbing alcohol or any other highly repellent substance will drive the bugs off the infested piece of furniture, spreading the infestation around the room or into other parts of the house. This makes it harder for an exterminator to pinpoint and eliminate the infestation.
Secondly, a large amount of rubbing alcohol on the mattress could react with insecticides applied by an exterminator and make it less effective at killing the bugs, should you need to hire one.
Rubbing alcohol repels bed bugs effectively enough to keep them away from you while you sleep or reduce the risk of an infestation spreading. It’s also handy for preventing the bugs from multiplying. Even so, rubbing alcohol’s helpfulness is limited. To reclaim your home from bed bugs in the shortest possible time, your best option is to call an exterminator (that has years of experience with Bed Bugs specifically).
Heat / Cold / Chemical Treatments
We strongly oppose HEAT treatments for numerous reasons:
- Homes have caught fire 70% of the time – so the treatment is un-insurable in Texas (see video below)
- Plan to pay over $2,000 with zero guarantee or recourse if it doesn’t work
- Not always effective
- Comes with NO guarantee/warranty (you will sign a waiver if you insist on doing heat)
- You must remove all TV’s, outlet covers, mini blinds, etc that are plastic.
- A license is not required to offer heat treatments (be extremely careful)
- Call for further details before considering HEAT treatment
Cryonite® The Newest Treatment For Bed Bugs
COLD TREATMENT–The Cryonite machine sprays CO2 snow at -110º F.
We only put this info here for educational purposes (we do not provide this service yet). **We want to point out that DUE to all of the fires from the HEAT treatment – scientists went the other direction with temperature.
While it certainly works if the bed bugs are hit directly (the same with Steam)…it does nothing for the bed bugs and eggs that are in hiding (which is the BIGGEST problem).
Our Patented Chemical Treatment is
- Our Process comes with a 6 month Warranty because it continues to work (by leaving a residual) long after we treat.
- Our process is 100% effective (each and every time)
- The products we use are EPA approved, safe, and specifically formulated to bed bugs
Diatomaceous earth (DE)
A number of epidemiology studies assessing the respiratory DE hazard show increased mortality [9, 10], pneumoconiosis [11–14], increased risk of lung cancer [9, 10, 15] and other lung diseases like mesothelioma  in DE workers and users, compared to unexposed populations. These findings are supported by radiographic evidence, which shows a strong relationship between exposure and the risk of opacities in chest X-rays indicative of silicosis . The same applies to pets…